09 October 2013

5th Grade - Islamic Tile Names - 2013 edition



You can't beat a good lesson, and that's what we have again with my 5th grade classes.  You'll remember our lesson post from last year ---> 5th Grade Islamic Tiles 2012 

I have a lot of repeat performers in my first month of the year as far as lessons go.  You use what works!  My goal for the year is to organize lessons through the grade levels by specific ART Element or DESIGN Principle.   This month (Sept and October technically) we're focusing on lessons with LINE and SHAPE.   This lesson also adds in PATTERN created through radial symmetry. (Math concepts there!)




My project board above, and the finished works on the display wall in the Art room below.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...