03 January 2013

Wednesday Works - Thursday edition - Perspective and Point-of-view


 Cute little sock-snowman I've had in my room forever!  It was made by the life skills students a long time ago.


Over the years I've been trying to come up with a really good and simple lesson plan concept to introduce perspective and point-of-view to the youngest group I can, and to have them understand it without frustration.    This attempt seems to have worked with this year's group of 3rd graders so I'll adapt it a bit more and write it up for the curriculum.

 (Your point of view or your eye.    Elephant's eye.  Ant's eye.  Bird's eye. )

First, points of view.   Each student looked at these photos and drew their own snowman, one point of view at a time starting with a plain ol' normal looking snowman.

Then we worked on a little perspective with the same snowman they created.

    


 And I slipped in this video just to reinforce the ideas (and to keep it fun :)






Here are a few works in sketchbooks.  I think the kids liked this one.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...